A Crucial Conversation with Helen Grimshaw of Peli Health & Master Clinician and PT, Evelyn Hecht of Pelvic Sense
Join Helen Grimshaw, Co-founder of Peli Health, and Evelyn Hecht, founder of Pelvic Sense, in a pivotal dialogue on our podcast “Hello Down There“. During this discussion we tackle dismantling the stigma associated with pelvic floor disorders. In this enlightening session, we uncover the barriers women encounter and provide guidance on proactively seeking help for lasting relief.
- Identifying & Addressing Symptoms: Recognize the signs of pelvic floor disorders and learn how to address them.
- Confronting Stigma: Understand the impact of societal stigmas surrounding pelvic issues and how they can delay crucial care.
- Navigating Barriers: Learn strategies to overcome obstacles and seek the help needed.
- Mind/Body Self-Care: Discover the significant role of self-care in the healing process.
- Neuroimmune System Influence: Delve into how the brain, nervous, and immune systems affect pelvic health.
Facing the Stigma & Seeking Help:
Pelvic floor disorders can manifest through disruptive symptoms such as leaking, strong urges, and discomfort. However, societal stigma often prevents women from seeking timely and necessary care. In this session, we explore the various factors contributing to these symptoms and the initial steps towards healing.
The Missing Piece in Healing:
While medical consultations, tests, treatments, and pelvic PT are essential components of the healing journey, mind/body self-care is a critical and often overlooked aspect. Learn how integrating daily self-care practices can significantly influence your journey to recovery.
Uncovering the Mysteries of Healing:
Modern science seeks to understand why some women achieve optimal pelvic function and reduced pain, while others face persistent issues. This discussion sheds light on the neuroimmune system’s influence in pelvic health, offering insights into the interconnectedness of the brain, nervous, and immune systems.
For more invaluable discussions, practical strategies, and expert insights into pelvic health, subscribe to our channel and stay updated with Peli Health and Pelvic Sense.